[arin-ppml] was -squatting. Why not use the /8 you already have?

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Fri May 17 17:07:07 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019, 11:40 PM william manning <chinese.apricot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A much simpler task than repurposing v4 multicast would be to just use the
> exisiting /8 that everyone already has in use.  May I present for your
> consideration;   127.0.0.0/8

Such a flavor of network engineering sort of assumes one's ready to
maintain a substantial number of patches though.

(/me also used up to a few /22s out of 127/8 back in the past. Was a weird
experience because of several reasons.)

The "IPv4 unicast extensions" project might sort it out eventually,
together with the unused multicast and "experimental" space.

--
Töma