[arin-ppml] was -squatting. Why not use the /8 you already have?

william manning chinese.apricot at gmail.com
Fri May 17 16:40:04 EDT 2019

A much simpler task than repurposing v4 multicast would be to just use the
exisiting /8 that everyone already has in use.  May I present for your
consideration;   127.0.0.0/8

one address is used for loopback, there is existence proof that NTP clocks
use addresses in this space, and (emperically) I build a small enterprise
network out of 127.0.0.0/8 subnets. Granted, it was a few years back, and
hurdles abound, but it is going to be easier than co-opting 240.0.0.0/4

/Wm