[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-17: Change Utilization Requirements from last-allocation to total-aggregate - revised

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:21:13 EDT 2014

On Jul 14, 2014 7:02 PM, "David Huberman" <David.Huberman at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> So I don't get something:
>
> If it's 80% overall, wouldn't this have an affect on of many XL networks,
almost all of whom would be immediately eligible for more space even though
they weren't eligible previously?

> I feel like in missing something.

No, I think you have it.  The issue this proposal tries to fix for some
smaller networks has the (I presume) unintended side effect of letting
$megaisp$ acquire additional numbers immediately.  Perhaps some contorted
language could "fix" that without other side effects, but the edges get
complicated.