[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-17: Change Utilization Requirements from last-allocation to total-aggregate - revised

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jul 14 15:10:44 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM, David Huberman
<David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:
> If it's 80% overall, wouldn't this have an affect on
> of many XL networks, almost all of whom would be
> immediately eligible for more space even though
> they weren't eligible previously?

Might be the opposite. According to the current policy, allocations
other than the most recent must have been "efficiently utilized" but
need not currently be "at least 80%."

"ISPs must have efficiently utilized all previous allocations and at
least 80% of their most recent allocation in order to receive
additional space."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?