[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Eric Westbrook arin-ppml at westbrook.com
Tue Feb 15 15:58:03 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:18, Benson Schliesser <bensons at queuefull.net>wrote:

> It would not be appropriate for me to speak more specifically on their
> behalf.  I, too, would like to see legacy holders communicate their
> perspective here.  But given the legal perspective that some of them have
> toward ARIN, I unfortunately doubt they will participate in this community.
>  (And I would be glad for somebody to prove me wrong on this point.)

That would be me, then, I guess.  I have a single legacy /24 without LRSA,
and I've piped up in here once or twice before.  Happy to oblige.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 13:12, Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz> wrote:

> For one, there isn't any specific complaint coming from legacy holders,
> just speculation that they would be impacted.  (If a legacy holder came
> forward and found grounds for a policy to remove their listing, that's
> another matter.)

Indeed, I cannot forsee ever making such a complaint.  If this proposal
intends to solve problems for legacy holders like me, it would seem void, as
I also see no real problem to even solve.

For example, I (can only) believe they had to submit to being in WhoIs from
> the start.

Quite so.  I don't recall it being a formal requirement, but it was
definitely taken as understood.

Happy to follow up further if desired.

$0.02,
Eric