[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-156 Update 8.3 to allow inter-RIR transfers

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:11:29 EDT 2011

HI Milton,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> I support prop. 151, and agree with Burns' assertion that without
> relaxation of needs assessment for transfers we are driving v4 address
> blocks out of the RIR system.

My reading of your techliberation article suggests to me that you are in
favor of  "driving v4 address blocks out of the RIR system."

Perhaps I've missed something?

In terms of "thinking outside of the box" I'd be happy NOT to even entertain
the notion of inter-regional transfers.  If we want the v6 transition to
accelerate, there has got to be demand for v6.  If v4 is available, then
that dampens the need for v6, no?

--
Cheers,

McTim