ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Thu Aug 31 23:26:47 EDT 2000

Also,
  If I'm not mistaken, providers are required to follow ARIN policy in
fulfilling requests for the allocation of address space to their
customers. Having been on the asking end of such requrests several times,
I'm convinced that the new policy will result in additional and perhaps
unreasonable difficulties for smaller Web providers making legitimate
requests for address space to accomodate virutal SSL, bandwith profiling
and other such "excempted"  services. It would be nice if this policy
could be clarified in such a way as that providers receiving ARIN
allocations understand what's permissable for their customers.

Chuck Scott
Gaslight Media