[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation: Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 1 10:06:44 EDT 2019

On 1 Jul 2019, at 10:00 AM, Jeff Tchang <jeff.tchang at gmail.com<mailto:jeff.tchang at gmail.com>> wrote:

 I don't think I've ever interacted with any service that deletes all my tickets after 90 days.   …

Jeff -

To be clear, we’re only referring to report generation tickets - not tickets associated with any of normal customer communications or requests.

ARIN can certainly maintain these tickets, but the value of such reports to our customers is questionable months after they’ve been run and reviewed, and regardless of technology involved, there will be be performance implications for ARIN Online in maintaining them…  hence the suggestion that we do not keep these particularly reporting tickets more than 90 days.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO