[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation: Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Jul 1 10:11:41 EDT 2019

I agree with Bill and I don't.  I hate Gmail, unlike him, but I agree that there is value in retaining *all* the old tickets.  I can think of all least two use cases off the top of my head where I'd want to go back to an association report after >90d had passed, and I've encountered one of them within the last year.
As an alternate suggestion, I don't see any problem with moving those records out of the mainline UI onto another page and into another database.
Like many others here, though, I'm puzzled at how a modern database system could be this badly hobbled (in an apparently-intractable way) by mere millions of tickets.

-Adam Thompson