IP-Hosting Policy Specifics

steve steve at host-all.com
Thu May 3 10:52:03 EDT 2001

>   When I read the current "Policy" paragraph I don't get the impression
> that ARIN is currently intending to "require" any particular technical
> justification before granting address space, only that the ISP must supply
> "their" technical justification for wanting to do so.

I don't believe the problem will be with Arin.. It is my opinion that the
language opens a door for broad interpretation by folks outside Arin.  But,
I also see the need to start an IP conservation effort. Since Arin is
willing to gather data in an effort to manage the effort, I applaud them and
give them a thumbs up.

In a perfect world, we would have a resolution process whereby mom&pop
hosting company could appeal the decision of a tier 1 to not allow IP space
allotment because of this effort.

Steve Conzett
Host-All.Com