Please send me your comments

Richard Routh/Tampa/Contr/AT&T/IJV routh at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 3 10:55:02 EST 2000

Hello,

     I apologize for not being privy to all the preceding conversations
regarding routing.   As I have recently joined, I thought to add my two
cents worth here.  ( Ok, I rely heavily on Inflation here!! )

-There are limits to the 'real-estate' network devices use in a store and
forward approach to networking.
-The protocols used can fill up this memory space very quickly if prudent
address space or routing tables are not configured.
-Network 'Flapping' can and does threaten dynamic routing protocols.
-Vendor specific protocols can jeopardize network stability as they tend to
be 'chatty' ( i.e. AppleTalk, Novell IPX )
-Vendor hardware must be thoroughly checked for the routing table size
capabilities across the network as the smallest storage area wins

If I can clarify this for anyone please respond and I will gladly review
this.

Mit Freundlichen Grüssen/Kind Regards/Met Vreundlijke Groet,
Richard Routh
ABS -  Network Capacity, Performance and Tuning

Vox: 863-965-7773
Fax: 209-882-9276
Email:  rrouth at att.com

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

CJW <cjw at remarque.org>@arin.net on 11/02/2000 04:18:38 PM

Please respond to cjw at remarque.org

Sent by:  rtma-request at arin.net