We disagree with recent restrictions on ip allocation aimed at attacking the "little hosts"

AveHost.com Staff ceo at REGSEARCH.COM
Wed Aug 2 02:14:45 EDT 2000

We feel the recent policy change regarding ip allocations for web hosting
activities is unfair to the smaller web hosts of the world which do not have
all the technological capitalization to smoothly implement host header
routing without putting undue burdens on the consumer.  Therefore, we feel
this policy change is directed at protecting the larger hosts from loosing
clients as fewer potential clients are going to be willing to experience
"downtime" as a result of switching hosts if the move will not be a seamless
one--it will NOT be seamless if IP-less hosting is forced upon smaller web
hosts because there will not be enough free IP's for potential clients to
post the website they are moving to the new host byway of an IP address,
but, rather, they will have to wait for the domain name to be transferred
via the NSI registry before they can even publish the website files; and
then their site will be visible in some places in the world and not others
over that 24-48 hours that it takes the Internet's DNS system to propagate.

Hmmm, my dad was a class action plaintiff's attorney and the one thing I
picked-up from him was when you can spot a great class action suit
in-the-making!!!!!!!!!

AveHost.com Staff
AveHost.com, a service of RegSearch International