We disagree with recent restrictions on ip allocation aimed at attacking the "little hosts"

Jeffrey Meltzer meltzer at villageworld.com
Wed Aug 2 02:13:13 EDT 2000

IMHO, Non IP Intensive hosting has it's good points, but for ISP
webhosting isn't good, for the simple fact that lets say there is some
type of proxy/filter that blocks out, say vitamin website, and you have a
vitamin website client, and the proxy/filter blocks on IP.  Wham, they
just blocked out your entire customer base.  It's a "what if", but hey,
"what if".  Try explaining it off to the customers, if say, someone as
large as Bess begin doing it.  Note, lots of filters block on things as
simple as sports.  Have a local soccer club that you donated a site
to? Etc, things like that.

Whatever happened to IPV6 :)

--
Jeffrey Meltzer