Blah blah is right.....

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Sat Mar 29 22:26:15 EST 1997

On Saturday, March 29, 1997 3:41 PM, Kim Hubbard[SMTP:kimh at INTERNIC.NET] wrote:
@ >
@ Mr. Gersten,
@
@ ARIN will NOT be taking all of the unallocated space.  The InterNIC does
@ not have all of the unallocated space.  The IANA controls all of the
@ unallocated space and will issue it to ARIN in the same fashion it currently
@ issues to RIPE, APNIC and InterNIC.
@

I believe that the founders of ARIN have been asked
several times to identify the exact /8s that ARIN
proposes to manage.

I would like to see ARIN start with one /8 and I would
also like to see several ARIN-like companies to make
sure that people are not treated unfairly and also to
make sure that local needs are considered in allocations.

Again, for the record, what part of the IPv4 address
space does ARIN propose to manage ? Please be
specific.

	Example:
		192.X.X.X
		207.X.X.X

Also, would ARIN be willing to start with one /8 to
prove it can do the job ? If so, which /8 ?

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

Check out...http://Register.A.Mall