past vs future use

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Sat Jun 28 18:28:08 EDT 1997

At 05:02 PM 6/28/97 -0400, Kim Hubbard wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>The section of the RFC you are quoting is for end-user assignments, not
>ISP allocations.  ISPs requesting address space from the InterNIC must
>show they've efficiently utilized a /19 already in order to justify receiving
>a /19 or shorter prefix which is the longest prefix that is currently
>globally routable.
>
>One of the first things we would like to accomplish with ARIN is to update
>the allocation policies in coordination with its members.  If you have any
>suggestions please send them to the pagan mailing list...pagan at apnic.net.
>
>Kim

Kim,

Neither APNIC or RIPE requires prior efficient utilization of a /19 for an
ISP.  InterNIC does.

What is the authority for doing so?

If it is in RFC2050, please point it out `[8-))

Otherwise, please point out the URL of the real rules.

Sincerely,

---

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO                  help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net>    direct 903-870-0365
Member, Board of Directors, ISP/C                   fax 903-868-8551
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland    pager 903-867-6571