past vs future use

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 28 12:06:47 EDT 1997

Jon and all,

Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Kim Hubbard wrote:
>
> > The section of the RFC you are quoting is for end-user assignments, not
> > ISP allocations.  ISPs requesting address space from the InterNIC must
> > show they've efficiently utilized a /19 already in order to justify receiving
> > a /19 or shorter prefix which is the longest prefix that is currently
>
> Before someone asks again, "how do you show past efficient utilization of
> a /19 if you don't have one?", I'll say that I assume you mean a /19 worth
> of space, whether that's 2 or more /20's or a bunch of smaller allocations
> from the upstream provider.  If that's not the case, let us know.

  It really doesn't matter what the REQUESTED allocations are, Jons
and my original question still is valid.  However I have to admit I
was talking about /19's in spicific.  But the question applies
to ANY allocation.  Kim, can you or anyone from ARIN shed any light
on this question?

>  Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
>  Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
>  Florida Digital Turnpike    |
> ________Finger jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com