Let us all bend over, apply the Vaseline...

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Wed Apr 30 23:37:19 EDT 1997

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Bob Atkins wrote:

> Today it will be $2500, which I already consider ridiculously high.
>
> Tomorrow what will it be?

Judging by the precedent of RIPE and APNIC, the fee will drop in the
second year. My estimat is that it will fall to between $1900 and $2100
in the second year and then fall to around $1800 in the third year.

> The idea of paying such a high recurring cost for IP space is absurd
> and only goes to justify a bloated $3M annual budget.

The companies who will be paying these fees will have annual budgets that
are larger than ARIN's. They can afford it.

> I'm not suggesting that the IP registery remain with NSI either.

So why don't you put in a bid for it then. Please submit full details of
capital and other expenses for the first year of operation in a form
that can be verified by the members of this list.

The bottom line is track record.  Not track tearing.  Not track derailing.
But pounding the damn dirt around the track with the rest of us worms.
       -- Randy Bush