Global council of registries???

Kim Hubbard kimh at internic.net
Tue Apr 29 09:59:19 EDT 1997

Mr. Geist,

> Did you ever realize why every single one of the 5,000 plus IXCs and
> LECs in this country have databases of hundreds of millions of
> functioning telephone numbers?  And they don't have to fight with Kim
> Hubbard to get addresses.  (For your information, I have attempted to
> reach Kim on multiple occasions to discuss this issue - but she is
> either out of town and not returning phone calls, or just does not
> return phone calls.  I have talked with John Postel previously whom I
> convinced once to give one small ISP some address space after a
> nightmare fight with Internic over "guidelines."  John even admitted to
> me that the "guidelines" are screwed up when he gave the order to give
> up the addresses to the small ISP.)

You have never had to "fight" with me because we've never spoken.  You
attempted to contact me while I was at a NANOG meeting and by the
time I returned the issue had been resolved so there was no reason to
return your call.

> Now, the small group who are representing the industry are proposing to
> extend this dominance over to ARIN, with the same people involved.

Dominance?  Hardly.  You contacted my staff trying to bully them into
allocating address space without offering justification - only threats
of lawsuits.  Who was trying to dominate who?

Kim Hubbard