[Iana-transition] What form of supervision is needed?

Aslam Testing popalz79 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 13:42:40 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com>
wrote:

> Sean,
>
> I agree.  it is important that the IANA operators follow are the ones
> generated by the agreement of the 5 RIRs through the GPDP.
>
> I don't see how this IANA oversight transition would in any way affect the
> way policy is created, or the process for providing advice on how that
> policy is implemented by whomever performs the IANA function.
>
> What may be at risk is judging the compliance of the IANA operators in
> adhering to those policies.  I suspect there are some SLA metrics in an
> NTIA/ICANN MoU/SoW/contract document, and that text will be moved into some
> other agreement held be some other entity, who can take some action.  The
> question is in what document should we put that text, and who is the
> agreement between.

It is indeed imperative to have proper accountability framework- with
assigned entity or group  in place that would have the responsibility of
compliance oversight .

Are we also looking into naming organizations (ccNSO, GNSO etc) as part of
the IANA transition or that will be under different organization ?

Thanks

-Aslam