[Iana-transition] What form of supervision is needed?

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Thu Oct 16 20:15:27 EDT 2014

Sean,

I agree.  it is important that the IANA operators follow are the ones
generated by the agreement of the 5 RIRs through the GPDP.

I don't see how this IANA oversight transition would in any way affect the
way policy is created, or the process for providing advice on how that
policy is implemented by whomever performs the IANA function.

What may be at risk is judging the compliance of the IANA operators in
adhering to those policies.  I suspect there are some SLA metrics in an
NTIA/ICANN MoU/SoW/contract document, and that text will be moved into some
other agreement held be some other entity, who can take some action.  The
question is in what document should we put that text, and who is the
agreement between.

___Jason