[Iana-transition] NRO Proposal for consolidation of RIR regional inputs into single ICG response

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Oct 16 19:26:53 EDT 2014

On Oct 16, 2014, at 4:16 PM, John Springer <springer at inlandnet.com> wrote:

> So, given that "Each Regional Internet Registry shall appoint their CRISP team members by a method of its own choosing.", how shall this be done here?
>
> It would seem that the usual 'pick a nomcom, run the nomcom, hold an election' process might be a little cumbersome given the compressed time frame.

I believe that most RIRs are having those elected/selected by the community
already (e.g. their working group chairs, or ASO AC representatives) to serve
in that capacity, as this is supposed to be an expedited process which is based
to some extend on the present global policy development process (which would
have the ASO AC representatives serving.)

> I don't see a time table for selecting the CRISP members either. ASAP seems like it would be good. :)

Indeed.  Definitely within the next few weeks, as these folks potentially need
to be working with whatever inputs are available starting in November...

> Does the NRO have a rough idea of when it would be good to have the first telecon by?

Not to my knowledge.
/John