[dbwg] Multiple same swips in whois output, another bug?

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Aug 25 14:29:57 EDT 2003

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:57:35AM -0700, william at elan.net wrote:
> > When doing whois on 207.134.171.2, the query returned the
> > most specific swip twice.  Why is this?
> >
> > [IPv4 whois information on 207.134.171.2 ]
>
> My guess is that since the two reallocations have the same
> information (even the same date) but different net handles,
> either that the reallocate form got processed twice, or that
> the sender mailed in the same form twice on the same day
> when he didn't get the auto-reply as quick as he expected.

Shouldn't it have been impossible to do exactly the same swip? It was my
understand that ARIN returns an error when you try.

It pretty clear to me that ARIN should not allow swip if another one for
the same network is already there ("netrange" is the same) and if existing
swip has same orgid as new swip. If arin are not doing this already, it
should be fairly simple additional filter to implement...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net