[dbwg] Multiple same swips in whois output, another bug?

Louis Lee louie at equinix.com
Mon Aug 25 17:05:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:57:35AM -0700, william at elan.net wrote:
> When doing whois on 207.134.171.2, the query returned the
> most specific swip twice.  Why is this?
>
> [IPv4 whois information on 207.134.171.2 ]

My guess is that since the two reallocations have the same
information (even the same date) but different net handles,
either that the reallocate form got processed twice, or that
the sender mailed in the same form twice on the same day
when he didn't get the auto-reply as quick as he expected.

Louie
Louis Lee                             louie at equinix.com
Staff Network Engineer            company: 650/513-7000
Equinix, Inc.                        desk: 650/513-7162
http://www.equinix.com/               fax: 650/513-7903