Lame Delegations

Rick Robino rrobino at wavedivision.com
Tue Jan 15 13:10:23 EST 2002

Ginny,

The draft never mentions which implementations exhibit the "unreasonable
verification queries" noted in section 2.1.  It also does not mention
which "widely distributed name server implementation", nor was the
investigation able discern which stub resolvers or client applications
were choking on SERVFAIL, the other two major load factors described.

This begs the question: which particular implementations (client
and/or server) are now known to have problems?

I think this is is feasible that changing some of the most common
implementations may have such a dramatic effect on mitigating load
that managing lame servers from the top may not be necessary (yet
lame servers will be no less annoying to the rest of us).

Truthfully, I'd also like to know if there are any vendors or
implementations who are being unduly spared critical feedback.

Cheers,

Rick Robino

--

Rick Robino                                          v. (503) 891-9283
Internet Systems Architect                           f. (503) 439-8946