New Database template questions - Org name creation

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Tue Apr 16 16:08:53 EDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Dawn Martin wrote:

> Just wondering why a ticket can not be automatically assigned and
> the org ID request processed quicker. If a company is wanting to
> send in a request for an ASN (short template, short turn around
> time if completed correctly) the process is just getting longer.

Our Ticketing System will be revamped in a later phase.  Adding a ticket
to a web-based request can be discussed at that time.

Yes, we are increasing the processing time to request an ASN.  This is
based on the fact that many of the ASN requests are rejected due to lack
of information.  If we require that the customer pre-register the
Organization, it will increase the likelihood of successfully obtaining
an AS number.

> Other companies are able to process requests very quickly, isn't
> there other ways that ARIN can assign an org-id that doesn't extend
> the processing time?
>
> Infusing a process within another process only tends to irritate
> people.

This whole process is designed so that the customer establishs a
relationship with ARIN before requesting resources.  For existing
customers, this relationship is already established.  This will only
affect future customers.  We believe through proper training, the
community will see the benefits of the Org ID.