2 questions

David R Huberman huberman at gblx.net
Thu Dec 21 14:02:24 EST 2000

> 1.  Right now a POC can have any number of phones and/or mailboxes.  Is
> this necessary?  Can we delete all but one commercial phone, and all but
> one primary mailbox?  Do we need to keep fax number?

* The fax number doesn't seem particularly relevant in most cases, no.

* If you want to only allow one commercial phone number and one e-mail
  box, how about enhancing the database to allow multiple POC listings
  on objects, ala RPSL? That allows providers, for example, to list
  vanilla role accounts and list key techincal personal for, say, AS
  registrations.

> 2.  Right now both ASes and Networks have handles and names.  Ideally, the
> handle should be NET- or ASN- name.  We would like to do some clean-up so
> that all resources would be the same.  Get rid of an ASNBLK- or NETBLK-,
> as well as NETBLK-NET- and the like.  Does anyone have a problem with ARIN
> possible changing your AS or Net handle/name?  Cathy Murphy will be
> running a report to see how many people this will actually affect.

* Are you talking about parent blocks only, or all registration objects?
  I certainly like the idea of streamlining the database objects of
  netname/handle for parent IP address objects and for AS registrations,
  but changing any portion of downstream assignments has the potential
  of creating havoc with many providers' SWIP scripts. Please clarify

/david