[arin-tech-discuss] a proposal for changes to Reg-RWS

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Mon Jun 29 09:54:39 EDT 2015

Well, I can tell you that  the "Find Networks Method" would not be
terribly helpful for us.

Our process for keeping SWIP up to date looks something like this:

1) Obtain reassignment report
2) Obtain our internal list of what subnets we have active
3) For each item in the reassignment report, see if we have an active
subnet.  If the information no longer matches, delete the SWIP entry.
If we don't have a subnet, delete the SWIP entry.
4) For each subnet in our internal list, see if a SWIP entry exists (by
checking the data returned by the reassignment report).  If not, issue a
create

The proposed "Find Networks Method" only seems like it would help for
error checking in step 4 (allowing us to verify the reassignment we're
attempting doesn't conflict)

"Update Network Registrations Method" looks like it would be far more
helpful to us.  It seems like the intent here is to allow us to just
upload a big request with all of our registration data (and not have to
worry about what's already there).  That definitely would eliminate a
lot of the pain we have with the whole SWIP process.