[arin-tech-discuss] Geo Location

Stevens, Jack F Jack.Stevens at centurylink.com
Mon Jun 15 13:00:58 EDT 2015

Two processes to IP Geolocation work.

1.) DNS - use LOC records.  This does work, if the entity doing the query honors this.  Step #2 may pick up from this.
2.) Email your location information to
        a. IP Intelligence Support [support-ipintel at neustar.biz]
        b. support at ip2location.com
        c. http://www.maxmind.com/en/correction

The above locations have an update cycle of

www.ip2location.com     1st of month
www.neustar.biz         whenever they feel like it seems sometimes twice a month
www.maxmind.com         Every Tuesday

Google uses the neustar.biz database for geolocation.

-Jack

Jack Stevens
Senior Engineer
14111 Capital Blvd.  Wake Forest, NC  27587