[arin-tech-discuss] Can SWIP / RWS be submitted for "Direct Assignments" ?

Brettski889 . brett.yenser at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:46:26 EDT 2013

I must have missed this email but I put my whois  information on Arin.net
when our home network was completely ransacked and I had three or four
computers that have been completely under control for the last few months I
would love to speak with someone about this.

I have been keeping massive amounts of logs there is also industrial
strength Cisco server that has no security on it right next door a lot of
this started occurring due to the fact that's a mobile devices on our
network will automatically connect to it when the router sig is weak.

I am Not sure if this is related but our PCs have clearly been pulled into
an Active Directory and it has been a nightmare for me.

Thanks for getting in touch like I said I know computers and networks but I
did not know how to initiate speaking to someone
About this.

Thanks,
Brett Yenser

On Jun 25, 2013 4:48 PM, "Dani Roisman" <droisman at softlayer.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> I have a customer which has an old “Direct Assignment” (pre-ARIN) showing
up in ‘whois’ and wants to use part of their address space for their
servers on our network.  We’re asking for that to show within the ARIN
Whois/RWS database.

> My question is – does ARIN restrict Direct Assignment blocks such that
further reallocations/reassignments in the Whois/RWS database cannot be
created?