[arin-tech-discuss] aut_num template

Jon Worley jonw at arin.net
Mon Oct 24 15:47:50 EDT 2011

Hello Richey,

To modify an existing aut-num, you send the entire updated aut-num template to rr at arin.net<mailto:rr at arin.net>.  The new object will overwrite the old one.

Note that ARIN recently deployed new IRR software.  The new software adds enhanced authentication methods like MD5 password and PGP.  However, the new software didn't natively support mail-from authentication, which was the only authentication method previously supported by ARIN.  We added some basic mail-from authentication support for backwards compatibility, but regular expressions are no longer supported, and your mail-from field must exactly match your auth: field to be processed.  If you get an authentication error when submitting your aut-num object, please contact me directly so I can assist you in migrating your mntner object to one of the more secure authentication methods supported by our new software.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please respond to this message or contact me directly.

Regards,

Jon Worley
Senior Resource Analyst
ARIN Registration Services