[ARIN-Suggestions] Two ACSPs closed as complete

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Sep 14 16:50:03 EDT 2020

On 14 September, we sent notification on the completion of work related
to two suggestions submitted through the ARIN Consultation and
Suggestion Process.  The complete text of both suggestions and the
closing response is available below.

1. Closing ACSP 2014.30: Reflect Returns in IRR Data

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2014.30 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that ARIN should remove the objects related to returned
Organizations and ASNs from our IRR database.

This functionality is part of the implementation of our new Internet
Routing Registry. Because this clean-up is now part of our processes, we
are closing your suggestion.

Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.

Suggestion Text and URL:

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2014/2014-30/

validate that the ARIN IRR maintainer object related to the returned ORG
or ASN are removed from the IRR database along with any maintained
objects. If there are objects present in the IRR subject to this action,
ARIN should notify the entity returning the ORG or ASN of such action.
Value to Community: Keeps the IRR database up-to-date

Timeframe: Immediate

2.Closing ACSP 2019.2: Eliminate or Increase Revoked ROA per OrgID

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.2 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that ARIN to eliminate or increase revoked ROA limit of 1400
per Org ID.

With our most recent deployment we upgraded the hardware security
modules in our Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) system. This
upgrade removed the hard restriction of users not having the ability to
delete more than 1,400 ROAs due to CRL size limitations.  We have
dramatically increased this limit but encourage those users who plan to
delete more than 20K ROAs at a time to contact RSD with their plans
Because this work has been completed, we are closing your suggestion.
Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.

Suggestion Text and URL:

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2019/2019-2/

Value to Community: The limit of 1400 revoked ROAs should be eliminated
or dramatically increased to ensure an Org never hits that limit. This
would allow businesses to revoke any number of their ROAs as well as
enable them to continue to create an extended lifetime for a ROA without
fear of hitting the limit.

Timeframe: Not specified

Regards,

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)