[ARIN-Suggestions] Five ACSP suggestions closed on 28 September

info at arin.net info at arin.net
Mon Sep 28 13:26:33 EDT 2020

The following suggestions have been closed:

1. ACSP 2020.14: Send Invoices Earlier

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2020/2020-14/

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2020.14, upon confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN send invoices earlier to allow organizations to get
through their internal processes so that they can pay on time.

We recognize that due to the amount of the annual fees for 4x and 5x
sized organizations, that additional processing time may be needed to
complete payment for their annual fees. We have established an internal
process to allow for earlier sending of invoices for interested
organizations. Organizations in these two categories who want earlier
invoices can contact Financial Services one time to make that request
and we will update our internal systems to force earlier annual
invoicing for that organization.

Because these customers will be accommodated at their request, we
consider this suggestion completed.  Thank you for your participation in
the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process.

2. ACSP 2019.19: Billing Reminders for 4X and 5X Category

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2019/2019-19/

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.19 upon confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN provide earlier billing notification to 4x and 5x sized
organizations.

We recognize that due to the amount of the annual fees for 4x and 5x
sized organizations, that additional processing time may be needed to
complete payment for their annual fees. Organizations in these two
categories are welcome to contact Financial Services to request an
earlier invoice.

Because these customers will be accommodated at their request, we
consider this suggestion completed.  Thank you for your participation in
the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process.

3. ACSP 2017.22: Disable OT&E API keys (RegRWS) on the production database

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2017/2017-22/

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2017.22 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN disable OT&E API keys (RegRWS) on the production database.

We have improved our documentation about API keys on our Operational
Test and Evaluation Environment (OT&E) page
(found at:https://www.arin.net/reference/tools/testing/) to include
clear instructions about how to create and maintain separate API keys
for use in OT&E.  This provides organizations the option to maintain
different API keys if they wish to do so without impacting those
organizations that wish to use the same key for both OT&E and production.

Because this option is now clearly documented, we are closing your
suggestion. Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation
and Suggestion Process.

4. ACSP 2017.24: Allow NET objects of Simple Reassignments to hold POC
objects

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2017/2017-24/

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2017.24 on confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN allow customers to specify abuse handling on Simple
Reassignments.

In the time since you submitted this suggestion, the ARIN community has
adopted policy 2018-5: Disallow Third-party Organization Record Creation
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/proposals/2018_5.html) and 2017-12:
POC Notification and Validation Upon Reassignment or Reallocation
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/proposals/2017_12.html). Because
these policies require your downstream customers to create their own Org
ID and POCs, your suggestion cannot be implemented. Furthermore, using
the Detailed Reassignment allows you to reassign to your downstream
customer and for them to have their own POCs listed, including an Abuse POC.

Because this work cannot be completed, we are closing your suggestion.
Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.

5. ACSP 2017.25: Allow Changes to Org Handle in a Detailed Reassignment
Without Requiring Deletion

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2017/2017-25/

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2017.25 on confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN allow users to change the Org handle in a detailed
reassignment without deleting the record.

In the time since you submitted this suggestion, the ARIN community has
adopted policy 2018-5: Disallow Third-party Organization Record Creation
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/proposals/2018_5.html) and 2017-12:
POC Notification and Validation Upon Reassignment or Reallocation
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/proposals/2017_12.html). Because of
these policies, your suggestion cannot be implemented. Furthermore,
simply changing the Org ID on a reassignment would be further hindered
by having invalid POC objects listed on the Org ID. Creation of a new
Org ID by the downstream customer will ensure both policies are being met.

Because this work cannot be completed, we are closing your suggestion.
Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.

Regards,

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)