[arin-ppml] AC Candidates (Chris Tacit)

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Oct 31 04:10:46 EDT 2023

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 12:18 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 12:08 PM Heather Schiller
> <heather.skanks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We wanted to encourage discussion so we could
> > determine support, but not dominate the conversation.
>
> Hi Heather,
>
> Does holding the substantive discussion in closed meetings while the
> bulk of proposals see little or no public comment on the list equate
> to the AC *not* dominating the conversation?

Hi Bill,

I think a slight paraphrasing of the famous line from "Hamilton" sums up
the position of the AC members well:

"Talk less; listen more"

The goal is to hear what the other members of the community have to say,
not to tell the community what *their* position is.
If you want to know their position, read the candidate statements.
Personally, I'd find it off-putting if the AC members were to jump into a
discussion on a proposal with a significant position one way or the other.
Their job is to listen to the community and enact the will of the
community, not to impose their views on the community.

Matt