[arin-ppml] AC Candidates (Chris Tacit)

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Oct 27 14:03:36 EDT 2023

On 2023-10-27 12:36, Leif Sawyer via ARIN-PPML wrote:
> William Herrin <bill at herrin.us>  writes:
>>
>> I believe that prior interaction with each segment of the community,
>> outside of their duties as AC, should be a hard requirement for rating
>> a candidate as "qualified" during the elections process.
>> Quantitatively? Start with something simple: one policy-related post
>> to PPML while not an AC member and you have to speak at the mike at
>> least once at an ARIN meeting. Else you're rated "qualifications not
>> demonstrated."
>
> Thank you for your suggestion and clarification, and I'll take it under advisement.

It might not be best to go from zero to hard requirement.

In other words, _if_ this is being added as a thing that the NomCom
should care about, I recommend starting with this being one of the
factors that differentiates "Qualified" and "Well Qualified". If that
works out and _if_ the desire is there to make it a hard requirement,
that can be done a year or two later.

I'm not currently expressing a position on whether this should be a
factor to consider. I haven't given it enough thought.

--
Richard