[arin-ppml] Making the Sausage (was: re: AC Candidate [...etc...] )

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Mon Oct 30 13:13:20 EDT 2023

William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wroteth in response to:
>Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com<mailto:owen at delong.com>> whomst’d wrote:
>> Overall, I think it provides a better result, but making a public record of
>> absolutely everything would be cause more problems than it would solve
>> IMHO.
>
>I have no qualms with the AC having a safe space to candidly discuss
>and debate the policy proposals. But don't blow smoke up my tail that
>they're not privately discussing and debating the policy proposals. If
>that were the whole truth, if the private discussion was purely
>administrivia, they'd have no need for a safe space.

Bill,  if you’re really interested in how the sausage is made, here’s what I tell
Everybody else with that same interest:

“I would encourage you to participate more in the policy discussions regarding
the matters of the policies, attending meetings, speaking at the microphone,
gathering community support for the policies that impact you as well as for your
candidacy, and finally, and running for the AC.”

It’s one thing comment from the outside looking in, but quite another to see
things from the inside perspective.   Don’t discount how former AC members
relate their experience, because it’s a very valid and valuable point of theirs.

And the AC really does welcome ALL points of view.

Leif Sawyer
AC Chair