[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2023 - ARIN-2023-7

Brian Jones bjones at vt.edu
Thu Oct 26 14:08:18 EDT 2023

As a member of the NRPM working group and one of the authors that worked on this particular proposal, I would be in support of dropping the OrgID definition all together and then submitting changes to sections 4.5 and 6.11 Multiple Discrete Networks as editorial changes to bring them into compliance with the style guide preferences and match the readability of the remainder of the NRPM. This seems to align with feedback received at ARIN 52 concerning this policy. Trying to define OrgID or organization in the NRPM does not make a lot of sense in light of information from participants in ARIN 52 who pointed out there can be essentially one organization with multiple OrgID’s e.g. divisions/subdivisions.

Fwiw

Brian Jones
Virginia Tech
ARIN Advisory Council