[arin-ppml] Revised - Draft Policy ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Oct 2 19:57:23 EDT 2023

> On Oct 2, 2023, at 7:30 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> ... I'm not, for example, aware of any SWIP obligations I've
> picked up due to ARIN restructuring its process. Nor am I aware of
> holders of what were formerly allocations being released from their
> SWIP obligations.

The policy obligations to record sub-delegations up to the community and set in policy,
so yes – to the extent that you make allocations to downstream customers, you are
indeed subject to the present policy (NRPM 4.2.3) regarding recording for reallocating
address space to customers.

You may operate in a manner without such subdelegations (as is the case for most
 organizations operating as an "end-users”) – in which case such requirements don’t
come into play.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran