[arin-ppml] RPKI for Reallocations

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:57:25 EDT 2023

Dear ARIN-PPML,

Hope this email finds you in good health!

Please see my comment below, inline...

Thanks.

Le 23/06/2023 à 18:03, August Yang via ARIN-PPML a écrit :
> Current hosted RPKI implementations across all RIRs follow a
> hierarchical structure, where access to manage ROAs terminates at the
> party directly allocated corresponding resources. IPv6 reverse DNS is
> another example. If you've received a small IPv6 subnet through
> reallocation, you may face similar restrictions in managing name
> servers through ARIN Online, necessitating contact with the LIR/ISP
> responsible.
>
> To address the limitation, one solution is to implement a delegated
> RPKI setup at LIR/ISP level. This allows the chain of trust to be
> extended to end users, granting more control over the specific IP
> resources reallocated. See
> https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/rpki/delegated/
>
> It's worth noting that this issue primarily stems from technical
> constraints of the hosted RPKI implementation, rather than being a
> direct policy matter related to NRPM. There's an opportunity for ARIN
> to consider adapting its hosted setup to align with the allocation
> structure in whois database. This integration could facilitate better
> RPKI adoption.

Hi August,

Thanks for your clear explanation, brother!

...i think the right place to propose your fix is here [*].

__
[*]: Consultations & Suggestions - American Registry for Internet Numbers
<https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/>

Hope this helps!

Shalom,

--sb.