[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:30:05 EDT 2022

Dear ARIN-PPML,

Hope this email finds you in good health.
Please see my comments below, inline...
Thanks.

Le lundi 12 septembre 2022, Brian Jones <bjones at vt.edu> a écrit :

> Speaking for myself, I oppose this draft policy.

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your email, brother.

> In my opinion even though there is no legal binding to this attestation,

By the way, i note that there were more other
arguments against this draft policy than for it support :-)

> there is a substantial organization awareness level that having an officer
> attestation brings to those beyond the IT or technical teams.

Very interesting point! if this document could be of
 any valuable help to the engineering teams within
the resource holder's Org; then it makes sense to
keep the status quo...

...i, naively, imagine a case where there is a need
to convince managers that it's time to deploy IPv6 :-/

> This type of awareness helped me in efforts to bring our legacy resources
> under an RSA agreement.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's worth
noting imho.

...i oppose the draft policy ARIN-2022-3, more, now
that i'm sure it makes sense to keep it, given that
the officer attestation could help to ease the
conversation between tech teams and managers.

Shalom,
--sb.

--

Best Regards !