[arin-ppml] Revised and Retitled - Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Permit IPv4 Leased Addresses for Purposes of Determining Utilization for Future Allocations

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:27:42 EST 2022

I am opposed to this proposal.
In fact it sound like a debauchery to try to permit leased addresses to
be a valid reasons for justifying any type of allocation.

It is not in ARIN interest to facilitate something that not only is
essentially against the fundamental of IP usage and justification but
only would favor a tiny niche of business from what a tiny fraction of
ARIN community benefits - the brokers.
I totally agree that in practice what is proposed removes functions from
ARIN without any credible compliance mechanism to assure resources are
being used as they have always intended to be.

Another thing from this proposal is that it started with subject "Remove
Circuit Requirement" which is a too simplistic description of what it
intends to do which was later adjusted to show all community what really is.

If there is no circuit in place there is no Internet access being
provided and as such there is not justification to keep addresses if
they are not used for providing Internet access. Addresses are not and
can never be justified to be used to simply be leased to a third parties
that are perfectly able to be RIR members and justify the need directly
without any intermediaries.

Regards
Fernando