[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 18 09:23:39 EDT 2022

> On 18 Jul 2022, at 8:42 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>
> In message <A26E7512-761F-458B-B70D-7921E12F2598 at arin.net>,
> John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>
>> ARIN requires that organizations are properly registered as a legal entity
>> in order to sign n RSA and request resources.
>
> Yes, I think we all know that.
>
>> Organizations requesting number resources are subject to the laws in which
>> they operate
>
> Yes, I think we all know that.
>
>> each of these jurisdictions has its own regulations that address how much
>> information about registered legal entities is made public.
>
> You left out "...by the national governments of those jurisdictions."
>
> Believe me when I say that I am well and truly aware of the fact that
> the national governments of Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados,
> Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Nevis & St. Kitts, the British Virgin Islands,
> and even some U.S. States decline to provide information about the officers,
> directors, shareholders, and/or beneficial of corporate entities registered
> in those jurisdictions.  In fact it is my hope that everyone on this list
> is well aware of that.
>
> But what has any of that got to do with ARIN?

Ronald -

You’re seeking more detailed information about the legal entities that hold the rights
to number resources in the ARIN registry.  Some of the information you seek may
indeed be collected and processed at the time of entering a registration services
agreement and/or making a resource request, but it is not collected for purposes of
publication – nor is it clear that ARIN, under present policies, could ever assert a
necessary purpose that would allow publication (beyond the points of contact that
are provided by the organization specifically with the understanding that they are
made public in the ARIN registry via Whois, etc.)

Therefore, if you wish more detail on a given legal entity that happens to hold number
resources in the ARIN registry, you need to deal with the corporate register of the
respective country.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran