[arin-ppml] Reclamation of Number Resources

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Jul 18 08:42:00 EDT 2022

In message <A26E7512-761F-458B-B70D-7921E12F2598 at arin.net>,
John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>ARIN requires that organizations are properly registered as a legal entity
>in order to sign n RSA and request resources.

Yes, I think we all know that.

>Organizations requesting number resources are subject to the laws in which
>they operate

Yes, I think we all know that.

>each of these jurisdictions has its own regulations that address how much
>information about registered legal entities is made public.

You left out "...by the national governments of those jurisdictions."

Believe me when I say that I am well and truly aware of the fact that
the national governments of Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados,
Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Nevis & St. Kitts, the British Virgin Islands,
and even some U.S. States decline to provide information about the officers,
directors, shareholders, and/or beneficial of corporate entities registered
in those jurisdictions.  In fact it is my hope that everyone on this list
is well aware of that.

But what has any of that got to do with ARIN?

Regards,
rfg