[arin-ppml] Deceased Companies

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Mon Aug 8 21:24:18 EDT 2022

On 8/8/22 16:11, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> LargeCo that has an /8 cannot go to an ISP like, for example, Comcast
> and request so much as a /29 from Comcast's own pool to stick on the
> outside of a network address translator UNLESS they justify utilization
> of that /8

Sure they can. What's stopping them? Their cash spends just the same as
that of any other Comcast customer.

I don't think there's anything in Comcast's or any other ISP's contract
language requiring customers to affirm that they aren't sitting on large
blocks of legacy IPv4 space before they'll provide IPs to you.

And, as a practical matter, if some remote AT&T office far from AT&T
infrastructure needs a /29, how do you propose that Comcast route a /29
originating in AT&T's 12/8 to that remote facility?

> So no, you are NOT correct.  It IS ARIN's business what you are doing
> with your large legacy block.

If you haven't signed an LRSA, how is it any of ARIN's business what you
do with your legacy block?

> Sorry, you cannot be an arrogant ?@?#?$% on this issue today.

Arrogant ?@?#?$%s, despite being arrogant ?@?#?$%s, sometimes get their
facts right.

--
Jay Hennigan  |  jay at impulse.net  |  CCIE #7880  |  WB6RDV
Chief Network Architect  |  Impulse Advanced Communications