[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Sep 22 06:02:57 EDT 2021

> On Sep 21, 2021, at 15:53 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike
>
> Majority of LIR are in a position to provide IP transit circuits services to a small startup WISP which through the transit service can also enjoy sub-allocations of /24 or more at no cost beyond the IPT service.

No cost beyond the IPT service… ROFLMAO — What providers have you found still offering that in North America today?

> I dont see why a small startup WISP would prefer brokers or IPv4 leasers to an LIR.!

That’s likely because you don’t see the current costs of address acquisition outside of Africa and you are apparently ignorant of the address leasing terms being offered by providers in much of the world today even if you get a circuit from them.

Owen