[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Sep 22 22:22:36 EDT 2021

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:40 AM Owen DeLong via ARIN-PPML
<arin-ppml at arin.net> wrote:
> Amazon pricing for static IPs is sufficiently opaque that I couldn’t figure it out.

Hi Owen,

It varies but most commonly (the "elastic ip address" product):

1st address on a running VM (replaces the dynamic address): included
with the cost of the VM
2nd address: one half cent per hour ($~3.60/month)
Address held but not attached to a running VM: one half cent per hour
($~3.60/month)

By default, each AWS account can have 5 elastic IP addresses per
region (125 total) without any particular justification. Additional
addresses can be requested. Customers may buy as many AWS accounts as
they wish and often do so to segregate management permissions and
responsibilities within the organization, to segregate test and
production systems, and so on. The address constraints are per account
not per customer.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--