[arin-ppml] Change of Use and ARIN (was: Re: AFRINIC And The Stability Of The Internet Number Registry System)

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 07:21:24 EDT 2021

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 04:57 Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> > On Sep 17, 2021, at 3:42 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Makes me want to say ‘let’s see the book’. It is an historic artifact
> that should be scanned and posted somewhere for reference.
>
> I used to think that too.
>
> Then I thought about it some more.  Remember, it was just a notebook.  Not
> a database.  No error-checking.

Reasonably expected.

What happens when you find internal inconsistencies in the allocations of
> Bs?  Or gaps in the record?  You going to start reclaiming from AT&T?

No. Nor should we. That supports the original point thought. If what are
akin to scrivener's errors are OK for big corporations, they could be OK
for smaller operators. Personally, the book draws out my inner nerd. I
wasn't necessarily suggesting its kryptonite.

Warm regards,

-M<