[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful

John Santos john at egh.com
Wed Oct 27 14:30:13 EDT 2021

On 10/27/2021 12:40 PM, hostmaster at uneedus.com wrote:
[...]

> However, I do not think a standard reporting template is not something that ARIN
> should do alone, since it affects all 5 RIR's as well as domain registrations.

[...]

Assuming the double negative is a typo (which makes sense given the context), I
agree.  I think this is a job for the IETF or some similar group that focuses on
network abuse, preventing, reporting and remediation.  Once such a standard
exists and has been widely adopted and tested, it would be an appropriate time
for ARIN and the other RIRs to mandate it.  Not before, and not at the expense
of the current system, however inadequate it might be.

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.