[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful

hostmaster at uneedus.com hostmaster at uneedus.com
Wed Oct 27 12:40:14 EDT 2021

My report is not the problem, it is instead the problem of operators that
demand all reports be entered into their system, ignoring the CURRENT
standard of abuse email reports as the ONLY reporting means other than
phone for current abuse.

I suspect that is because they are trying to gather information in a
standard format.  A standard reporting format, using a standard EMAIL
template like we used to use to register domains could be a possible
answer to such a problem. This type of template could sent and processed
by email.  I am opposed to any attempt to require reports to be sent by
any means other than SMTP.

However, I do not think a standard reporting template is not something
that ARIN should do alone, since it affects all 5 RIR's as well as domain
registrations.

However, ARIN can get involved with those operators that refuse to accept
emailed reports under the current system.  Those operators are WRONG for
doing this, and I would like to see those operators sanctioned under the
current policy.

I also do not think that operators should be able to ignore reports in the
agreed standard template format.

Albert Erdmann
Network Administrator
Paradise On Line Inc.