[arin-ppml] Board Election Petition underway

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 09:38:12 EDT 2021

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 12:53 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> To the beset of my knowledge, membership has never been a criterion for
> eligibility to run. It is a requirement to be able to nominate and to vote.
>
> I don’t think this is a change.

It is not. After further research and reflection it's interesting, but
there are reasons. The concise point is some candidates aren't as close to
the network as others as an effect of this approach; most of us prefer that
we're able to consider people for leadership positions from those who are
among us. Circling policy wonks inserted as leaders is not the same thing.
If we can't get the opportunity for our own to take leadership permissions
we disconnect the organization from the realities of network operator.
Policies. Fees. Etc. If a network operator can't make the ballot then the
system is broken as is the topic of the thread.

Warm regards,

-M<