[arin-ppml] Micfo

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 14 18:00:44 EDT 2019

Ronald -

ARIN will take action to correct issuance of resources against requests determined to be fraudulent - but that does not preclude valid requests from the same entities, with properly issued resources being used to serve customers (many of which are likely to have done nothing wrong.)

I would recommend careful consideration of any policy that starts assigning labels to entities and requires unilateral revocation based on those same labels – both because of the potential for harm to innocent parties, and the potential for abuse (ie speculative fraud reports against a competitors becomes a potential weapon.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO